Organic Aduki (Adzuki) Beans.
Vibrantly colored and sweet, adzuki are commonly used in desserts in Asian cooking. But in America they often are put to savory use, mixed into salads, cooked with rice and dropped into soups. Like other beans, adzuki are a good source of protein.
Adzuki beans are rich in nutrients, such as fiber, protein and manganese. They are linked to several health benefits, including weight loss, improved digestion and a lower risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease. You can make them into a red bean paste, sprout them or simply boil them.
- Put the beans in a strainer and rinse under cold water.
- Pick out all the deformed beans and stray particles.
- Place the beans into a large pot, cover with several inches of water and soak for eight hours.
- Drain the beans and refill the pot with at least three times more water than beans.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 45–60 minutes, or until the beans are tender.
- Use the boiled beans immediately or refrigerate for use within 3–5 days. The beans will also hold in the freezer for up to eight months.
This item is sold in 100g lots in our store. Online requires a minimum order of 500g. This will be packed into Kraft brown recycled paper bage. The top of the bag is turned and sealed with brown paper tape. Please see picture above.